Pillar Christian Reformed Church of Holland, Michigan is the oldest Church in the Holland area. It was constructed from 1853 to 1856, when Rev. A.C. Van Raalte was leading a new congregation after his journey here from the Netherlands. In the summer of 2006 Mihm was contacted by the staff at the Pillar Church, and told that the Church was needing a new roof installed and some removal of Asbestos transit tile. There was a layer of asphalt shingles on top of Cedar shingles on top of the transit tiles. After the removal of the existing roofing materials it became evident that the previous installer did not flash around the steeple correctly and some water penetration was apparent. Mihm proposed doing a Steeple renovation including replacement of old rotted wood louvers, which were replaced with cedar wood, and a replication of the existing Copper Rooster on top of the Steeple’s finial. We went above what was called for on this project to ensure many years of peace of mind that the owners deserve.