As Window and door restoration experts, we’ve been trusted with everything from private homes, resorts, historical buildings and lighthouses to government buildings. With our experience restoring wood and metal doors you can count on us with your window or door restoration.
Window and Door Restoration
The original windows and doors are an important part of the character of your historic building. They define the period and the quality of your structure. Restoration helps bring your building back to its original splendor and can be less expensive than the cost of replacement with replica windows.
Types Of Work We Routinely Handle:
- Lead paint removal by certified workers.
- Epoxy consolidation of rotted wood.
- Replication of wood frame pieces.
- Custom tooling for hard to find profiles.
- Glazing and glass replacement with historically correct glass.
- Use of period correct weather stripping.
- Sandblasting of metal doors, windows and frames.
Some Of Our Work Can Be Seen At:
- Point Bestie Light Station – Complete exterior and interior restoration including wood doors and windows.
- Detour Reef Lighthouse – Metal window and door restoration.
- Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse – Wood window restoration.
- GRCC Warren Hall in Grand Rapids, MI – Wood window restoration.
- and many more historical buildings…
A Few Advantages Of Window Restoration Over Replacement:
The original windows are an important part of the character of your historic building. They define the period and the quality of your structure. With proper maintenance your original windows can be energy efficient as most energy loss is the result of poorly fitting sashes. Vintage windows are usually designed to be repaired. Replacement parts may be purchased or fabricated for many years of use and savings. Replacement vinyl windows have a relatively short life span averaging around 15 to 20 years. Wood windows can be refinished, repaired and kept for a lifetime.